Thursday, October 4, 2007

More History

I drove my car to and from school and work daily for about 4 years. When I went away to college, I managed to destroy the rear axle in the old girl (among other things that I was able to repair along the way). It was one of the spider gears in the rear axle that went, causing the car to make all kinds of noise when turning. The odometer showed 120,000 miles at this point, so I decided that it was time to get a more reliable vehicle, and with the help of my parents, I purchased a 1994 Dodge Dakota pickup. The car then was hidden away, with the hopes of restoring it in the future. While driving other cars, I still wondererd how I would be able to bring the Impala back to life. Dduring the years that I let her sit, I was able to repair the rear axle, and fix some of the rusty spots that plagued all vehicles that live in Northern Illinois. As of right now it has been ten years since the car was first put into storage, and it is time to begin "Project Impala".

No comments: