Thursday, October 4, 2007

Some History


I was a Sophomore in High School, and it was late fall. I was approaching my 16th birthday, and I was busily looking for a set of wheels that would transport me into a new realm of freedom. I asked a good family friend that is in the car mechanic and towing business if he knew of any relatively inexpensive vehicles that I would be able to afford for my first car. He told me that his mother had a car that she seldomly drove, that would be perfect for me as a first time driver. It was a silver 1977 Chevrolet Impala. It was a beautifully kept silver sedan, that still had the plastic carpet cover on the floorboards! After parting with $700 of hard earned (under minimum wage) money, on November 27th 1994 I had a new set of wheels. Needless to say, this was my home away from home for the next few years, as for the first time in my life I had something to call my own!

No comments: