Monday, October 22, 2007

Wrenches, Rust, & Sweat





The teardown process has started, spending much time and effort to get all the pieces off and set the fasteners into each piece so they don't get lost. My wife and I have been having fun taking both cars apart, and prepping each part that will be reused on this frankenstien project. I almost feel bad taking the old engine and drivetrain out of the old Impala, as everything works beautifully (for sale if anyone is interested 305 with a 350 turbo trans 120k on engine, 20k on transmission)!




Most of the front end is off of the Impala now, as you can see it still runs. I had to put a 2x4 in the engine bay to hold up the radiator, but she still runs and pulls herself into the garage! I think that this will be one of the last times it will be self propelled until we hook up the new drivetrain. I have a permanent location for the swap, and should be in it by the end of next week.

1 comment:

wrenches said...

Your article should not be ignored as it very entertaining. You did a great job in writing it and I give you credit for it.