Thursday, November 8, 2007

Roadmaster Dismantled

We have been working hard with the wrenching, busily taking apart our donor car, the Roadmaster. It has taken a few weeks worth of evenings and weekend hours to carefully take the car apart, and saving everything that we plan to reuse in the project. The electrical system is going to be the most challenging part of the process, now that we have it totally out of the car it is going to be alot of fun tying it all back together. I guess that is what the shop manuals are there for! Lots of reading, planning, and trial and error ahead! Our next step is to take the shell of the Buick off of the frame to begin work on the drivetrain and suspension systems. I hope to sand and repaint most of the chassis, and sandblast most of the a-arms and other parts that will fit into my blasting cabinet. I have some items that I have listed on E-bay if anyone is interested in some Buick Roadmaster parts. Here are pictures of the progress as of today:

1 comment:

angel said...

I loved the sequence and the narrative. You are funny. It is also funny to hear you refer to that little girl as your wife.. :) I can't wait to see the finished product. Wow that is certainly an ambicious project, but I am sure you will get it done. Keep up the great work. Best part of it is that is a project that you both are working on toghether!! Way to go kids.